There are numerous destinations to explore in Carinthia, as well as in nearby Styria and Salzburg’s Lungau. Reach the cities and sights in no time from the Hotel Hochschober. So you can easily combine a holiday by the lake and in the mountains with a city stroll, a museum visit or a trip to one of the Carinthian lakes.
Plan your holidays
- The Kranzelbinder family established the alpin-art-gallery, a mountain crystal and gem museum, only a brief walk from the Hochschober. It’s nice to look at and has many great souvenir ideas.
- The small Montanmuseum in Turrach tells stories of the region’s mining tradition.
- Works by artists from around the world are displayed in the Museum of Modern Art in Klagenfurt.
- An extraordinary attraction: Günther Domenig’s stone house in Steindorf at the Ossiacher See.
Cities and places
- Feldkirchen and Spittal an der Drau are popular shopping destinations.
- Sights in Tamsweg in the Lungau (Salzburg) include the late Gothic pilgrimage church St. Leonhard and the beautiful old townhouses.
- The baroque Murau Castle with a great knight hall in Murau (Styria) is certainly worth a visit. The beer from the Murauer Brauerei brewery is known far beyond the region.
- Klagenfurt, the capital of Carinthia, is approx. 60 km from the Wörthersee. The historic city centre with the Lindworm fountain, the city’s landmark, is among the things worth seeing.
- Villach, Carinthia’s second-largest city, is about 60 km away. The historic city centres impresses visitors with buildings from the Middle Ages and the Renaissance period.
Trips with children
- The Europapark, a large leisure area, is in Klagenfurt, by the Wörthersee.
- “Minimundus” right opposite the Europapark in Klagenfurt shows buildings from all around the world in miniature form.
- Cute: the “Elli Riehl Puppenwelt” (“Doll World”) in Treffen, also suitable for a trip with children.
Trips to the well-known lakes in Carinthia are always worthwhile. Millstätter See, Ossiacher See and Wörthersee are easily reachable from the Hotel Hochschober.
Tip: The Kärnten Card
A good choice: the Kärnten Card is valid as a ticket for around 100 sights and destinations in Carinthia from around mid-April to late October. It also offers numerous discounts.
Experience Carinthia up close and send us a no-obligation holiday inquiry.
Reach numerous destinations in Carinthia, Styria and the Lungau after just a short drive starting at the Hotel Hochschober.
Book your Carinthia holiday
You’re looking for a holiday with variety?
Reach attractive destinations from the Hotel Hochschober in short time.