Pampering culinary art, also vegan
The indulgence board
The Hochschober indulgence board delights with the finest culinary art and inventive vegan recipes. The breakfast buffet is legendarily abundant. Lunch features raw vegetable salads, soup and a daily dish. Enjoy a five-course gourmet menu in the evening. Help yourself at the spring water fountain and snack corner in-between meals. The cooking courses in autumn provide insights into the cuisine.
Plan your holidays
So much pleasure!
ALPS-ADRIATIC CUISINE IN THE HOCHSCHOBER
With the start of the 2023 summer season, the culinary Hochschober program has delicious new things to offer. Each evening has a motto. The range extends from dishes from the Alps-Adriatic region to classics from Carinthia and Austria. Fine & healthy: In addition to the vegan line, there is now a vegetarian main course to choose from every day.
Since the end of May 2023, Arnold Pucher from Carinthia will be in charge of the kitchen at the Hotel Hochschober and will bring many new ideas with him. A few years ago, in his own company at Nassfeld, he quickly earned two Michelin stars and 18 Gault Millau points, or three toques according to the practice at the time. In recent years he has worked as a chef and culinary entrepreneur in Italy. Arnold Pucher enriches the culinary experience with dishes and flavors from Italy and the Alps-Adriatic region, complemented by fine foods from Austria and Asia. The Alps-Adriatic cuisine combines the culinary tradition and present from Carinthia and the neighboring regions of Friuli and Slovenia.
- Whether it's a classic or a vegan lunch dish: the chefs prepare both dishes freshly for you at the buffet. At the salad buffet you can choose from crunchy raw vegetable salads.
THE CULINARY JOURNEY IN THE EVENING
- Every evening there is something special or a motto. Fresh pasta plays the main role on Mondays, delicacies from Carinthia on Tuesdays, classics from Austria on Fridays and specialties from the Alps-Adriatic region on Saturdays. Let yourself be surprised!
- Wednesday's motto is "HOCHPLEUCH" at the sweet end. The dessert buffet is richly stocked with tempting delicacies from the Alps-Adriatic region.
- There is now a typical Italian aperitivo with Alps-Adriatic tapas on Thursdays (extra charge).
- Appetizer variations to share, originally prepared, delight on Sundays.
- The appetizer and salad buffet has a larger selection of antipasti such as grilled and marinated vegetables.
- For the main course you can choose a vegetarian dish in addition to meat, fish or vegan dishes.
- Mild and spicy cheeses from cheese and dairy specialist Sebastian Weissensteiner, commonly known as Vostl farmer, enrich the cheese buffet. Mr. Weissensteiner's farm is very close by, in Saureggen.
WELCOME TO THE KITCHEN!
- Arnold Pucher and his team also invite pleasure-seekers to the "Chef's Table" on certain evenings. In small groups, the participants celebrate their evening meal in the kitchen. Restaurant manager Stefan Benischko and his team (extra charge) take care of the service and the right beverage accompaniment.
The renowned Falstaff gourmet guide awards the Hochschober cuisine 92 points. And praises the combination of classic and vegan.
Would you like
... to enjoy the Hochschober culinary art?