The structural improvements that the Hotel Hochschober will implement in 2022 will be co-financed with funds from the European Regional Development Fund. The innovations include the construction of the FreiRaum am See, the extension of the panorama restaurant, the opening of the indoor swimming pool with conversion of the adjoining rooms, the modernization of 7 treatment rooms in the crystal spa and the renewal of all heating and ventilation systems.
When the long winter on the Turracher Höhe comes to an end on April 18th, 2022, the craftsmen will once again take control of the Hotel Hochschober. This year they have a particularly large number of tasks. You can admire and personally try out the innovations from June 3rd, 2022, when the summer season begins.
THE HOCHSCHOBER IS IN TOP FORM – NEW FROM JUNE 2022
All developments have always been based on the "golden triangle" of the needs of guests, employees and the environment. In the last two years, 3.6 million euros have flowed into the construction of the new staff house and the modernization of staff accommodation. This year we have BIG plans and it's all about you, our guests! In 2022, the investment sum will amount to an impressive 6.1 million euros. Of this, 5 million euros will go into structural measures. 1.1 million euros are earmarked for increasing energy efficiency.
Here is an overview of all new features:
Dine even closer to the lake
The See-Stube will have a dependance in the form of a panoramic restaurant on part of the flat roof in front of the See-Stube. The cozy restaurant, stylistically adapted to the See-Stube, has room for 40 guests.
More space to rest and chat
Big things are happening by the indoor swimming pool area. It'ss getting bigger. The partition wall between the swimming pool and the fitness and gymnastics room will be removed. This is where the new quiet lounge called "Murmeltier" is being built. It is designed in the retro style of the 1960s. Next to it is the fireplace lounge, called the "Plaudertasche". During the day it serves as a bathrobe chatting zone, in the evening it becomes part of the new sports bar. Also, the pool hall will be prettier and matched to the look and feel style of the crystal spa, with yellow and blue color accents.
More freedom of movement
"FreiRaum am See" is the name of the new wooden house with a panoramic view. Its place is between the Children's Villa and the China Tower. The 125 m² "Adlerhorst" hall offers plenty of space for yoga and exercise units. It can also be used as an event room, also for private celebrations such as weddings or family celebrations. The new high-end “HOCHform” fitness studio with TechnoGym equipment is also located in the FreiRaum.
The completion of our FreiRaum will be in mid-June!
Pampered in a chic ambience
At the Crystal Spa, we are renovating 7 treatment rooms. Look forward to an even more harmonious feel-good ambience with massages and beauty treatments!
New changing rooms and the sports bar
The changing rooms in the basement are given a new, contemporary look. The currently unused rooms behind it house the new sports bar. It becomes a meeting point for table tennis and billiards players, has comfortable sofas and, with the fireplace lounge, additional space for cozy chatting in the evening.
New living room for fine wine
The smoker's lounge opposite the bar becomes a vinotheque. Perfectly tempered red and white wines are available here. There is a tasting table. Sommelier Florian Gaggl and his team will use the room for commented tastings and wine advice.
Improvements and renovations
The kitchen is extended towards the See-Stube and thus has more space and room for the employees to move around. A new rinsing line optimizes the cleaning logistics for cutlery and crockery. The children's villa and the youth club are undergoing a relaunch. The modernization brings new floors and new furniture. The shop next to the reception is also getting a new floor.
Increase of energy efficiency
The Hotel Hochschober is spending 1.1 million euros to bring its heating and ventilation systems up to the latest technical standard. The measures will optimize the indoor climate throughout the house. A photovoltaic system will also be installed on one of the roofs. Among other things, it supports the heating of the See-Bad. This investment helps to save almost 400 tons of CO2 per year. This project is implemented in cooperation with Siemens.
More e-charging stations for green mobility
New charging stations will be added for e-cars. From June 2022 there will be 6 of them, housed in a carport.
- Hochschober cuisine: Legendarily ample breakfast buffet from 7:30 am to 11 am with many homemade treats; lunch from 12:30 am to 3 pm; 5-course gourmet dinner from 6:30 pm - you can choose vegan alternatives for every meal
- Daily changing activity programme with water gymnastics, gymnastics, yoga, slacklining, climbing, hiking, Chinese tea ceremony, readings, fireside chats
- 5.000 m² spa area: heated outdoor lake bath, new lake sauna with panoramic view, new panorama sauna, steam baths, indoor and outdoor pools, oriental Hamam, fitness room, solarium, China tower with tea house and selection of teas; relaxation rooms with lake view, water beds and cosy open fire
- Child care 7 days a week
- As well as many other included services
Your hotel extras
All these extras are already included at Hotel Hochschober.
Look forward to over 100 included services.
- Ample breakfast buffet
- Lunchtime snack and cakes
- 5-course dinner menu of your choice
- All meals feature vegan alternatives
- Spring water, teas, and juices
All you need for your well-being
- Heated lake pool, indoor pool, and a rock bath
- Panoramic view sauna
- Oriental hammam
- Chinese tower featuring a tea house
- Spacious relaxation rooms with loungers and water beds
- Daily yoga, gymnastics, etc.
- Hikes & e-bike trips
- Yoga on the mountain week
- Children’s swimming class in summer
- haki ® & trend sport weeks
- Readings, fireplace talks
- Chinese tea ceremony
- Creative writing, painting, and dance classes
- Music on the mountain in July
- Holiday program for children/teenagers
- Drinks and snacks to welcome you
- Rental rucksacks and sticks for hikers
- Baby monitor and more, up to baby bathtub
- Nearly 4.000 books at the Wortreich library
- About 200 board games
- Daily childcare
- Laundry & ironing room
- WLAN access all over the house
- Ski pass service
- Alm Butler Card in summer