HOCHschOBERN BRINGS YOU IN TOP FORM!
Passionate runners and triathletes do. They use the effects of altitude training to increase their fitness and endurance. What is good for professionals also helps amateur athletes and anyone who wants to do more for their fitness: exercise at medium altitudes has a positive effect in many ways. In the Hotel Hochschober you also have many opportunities to do more for your physical and mental well-being.
Targeted indoor training
"FreiRaum am See" is the name of the house for those who enjoy exercise. The wooden house with a panoramic view is next to the children's villa and will open in mid-June 2022. It is home to the new high-end "HOCHform" fitness studio, equipped with TechnoGym equipment. The highly motivated team around our sports expert David is on hand to offer help and advice to all those who enjoy exercise. Anyone interested in accompanying nutritional tips should contact the spa manager, Alexandra. She is also a certified nutritionist. The 125 m² hall in the "FreiRaum am See" also offers plenty of room to move. Yoga and fitness sessions take place here every day.
Top outdoor training
The Turracher Höhe and the heated lake pool are ideal for running, trail running, swimming and cycling. As scientific studies confirm, the altitude has a positive effect on the cardiovascular system. After a short time, the body produces more red blood cells, the organism absorbs more oxygen, and the burning of sugar and fat improves. All of this helps to sustainably increase fitness and endurance.
Ideal for marathon runners and triathletes
Anyone training for a marathon or triathlon will find ideal conditions in and around the Hotel Hochschober: training can begin in the new FreiRaum by the lake or right in front of the hotel door. There are plenty of running and cycling routes. The 25 meter long, heated and chlorine-free lake pool is ideal for swimming. With a neoprene suit, the Turracher See is also a good training location. Spa Manager Alexandra is an expert in nutritional advice. Those who follow a vegan diet are perfectly served with the Hochschober kitchen anyway.
The mountain climate and other advantages
- The 1,763 meter high Turracher Höhe combines the regenerating gentle climate of wooded regions with the stimulating bracing climate of high altitudes.
- Even in midsummer, the air at this altitude is fresh and free of pollutants.
- There is no "heat stress". During the day it rarely gets hotter than 30 degrees, at night it cools down to well below 20 degrees - which in turn promotes healthy sleep.
- Staying outdoors is also worthwhile in rougher conditions. They strengthen the immune system and prevent weather sensitivity.
- It is important not to start with top performance on the first day, but to acclimate and give your body time to get used to the altitude.
- Hochschober cuisine: Legendarily ample breakfast buffet from 7:30 am to 11 am with many homemade treats; lunch from 12:30 am to 3 pm; 5-course gourmet dinner from 6:30 pm - you can choose vegan alternatives for every meal
- Daily changing activity programme with water gymnastics, gymnastics, yoga, slacklining, climbing, hiking, Chinese tea ceremony, readings, fireside chats
- 5.000 m² spa area: heated outdoor lake bath, new lake sauna with panoramic view, new panorama sauna, steam baths, indoor and outdoor pools, oriental Hamam, fitness room, solarium, China tower with tea house and selection of teas; relaxation rooms with lake view, water beds and cosy open fire
- Child care 7 days a week
- As well as many other included services
Your hotel extras
All these extras are already included at Hotel Hochschober.
Look forward to over 100 included services.
- Ample breakfast buffet
- Lunchtime snack and cakes
- 5-course dinner menu of your choice
- All meals feature vegan alternatives
- Spring water, teas, and juices
All you need for your well-being
- Heated lake pool, indoor pool, and a rock bath
- Panoramic view sauna
- Oriental hammam
- Chinese tower featuring a tea house
- Spacious relaxation rooms with loungers and water beds
- Daily yoga, gymnastics, etc.
- Hikes & e-bike trips
- Yoga on the mountain week
- Children’s swimming class in summer
- haki ® & trend sport weeks
- Readings, fireplace talks
- Chinese tea ceremony
- Creative writing, painting, and dance classes
- Music on the mountain in July
- Holiday program for children/teenagers
- Drinks and snacks to welcome you
- Rental rucksacks and sticks for hikers
- Baby monitor and more, up to baby bathtub
- Nearly 4.000 books at the Wortreich library
- About 200 board games
- Daily childcare
- Laundry & ironing room
- WLAN access all over the house
- Ski pass service
- Alm Butler Card in summer