ADVENT AND CHRISTMAS TIME ON THE MOUNTAIN
It smells of biscuits and fir branches. Candles shine, music sounds. Enjoy traditionally festive Advent and Christmas days in a family atmosphere. Outside, winter attracts skiers and winter hikers. Inside, warmth provides well-being and relaxation. The kitchen spoils you with exquisite delicacies.
Snow & relaxation
Welcome the day with a swim in the lake-pool? Then swing over the slopes or trudge through the snow? Enjoy relaxing hours in the afternoon, reading, in the sauna or hammam, with a cup of tea in the China Tower. And let yourself be pampered in every way. With massages and cosmetic treatments. With delicious things from the Christmas kitchen. The supervised daily program promises fun and games for young guests. Give yourself and your family a thoroughly enjoyable Christmas!
Get in the mood for Advent
During Advent, home-baked cookies tempt people everywhere in Hochschober. The gingerbread house delights young and old. Every Sunday evening we invite you to the campfire on the Alpine beach, where we treat you to mulled wine and fruit punch. Wrapped warmly in blankets, you listen to Carinthian Christmas music and enjoy the “staden” (quiet) Advent on the banks of the illuminated Lake Turracher. On December 22nd, a contemplative Advent hour will take place in the Bergkirche am See. On December 23rd, our employees will decorate the first Christmas tree in the chimney hall - the anticipation is growing!
The big festival
On December 24th This will be followed by the Christmas trees in all other restaurants in different colors and decors. The service employees begin in the early afternoon to decorate the restaurants in an atmospheric and festive way and to lovingly set the tables for Christmas Eve. Celebrate Christmas Eve with guests with the Leeb and Klein family and the employees! The Christmas party in the fireplace hall with music and readings begins at 5 p.m. Of course, the Christ child brings presents for the little ones and the big ones. After the presents are given there is champagne and the big Christmas menu. A color-coordinated Christmas tree delights in every restaurant room. If you want, you can order your own private Christmas tree for your room. After the meal, you can visit the Christmas mass or take a Christmas walk around the lake.
Enjoy the quiet Advent with lantern walks and choir concerts. Or Christmas days in a family atmosphere, with a daily program for children and young people.
We look forward to you!
- Hochschober cuisine: Legendarily ample breakfast buffet from 7:30 am to 11 am with many homemade treats; lunch from 12:30 am to 3 pm; 5-course gourmet dinner from 6:30 pm - you can choose vegan alternatives for every meal
- Daily changing activity programme with water gymnastics, gymnastics, yoga, slacklining, climbing, hiking, Chinese tea ceremony, readings, fireside chats
- 5.000 m² spa area: heated outdoor lake bath, new lake sauna with panoramic view, panorama sauna, steam baths, indoor and outdoor pools, oriental Hamam, fitness room, China tower with tea house and selection of teas; relaxation rooms with lake view, water beds and cosy open fire
- Child care 7 days a week
- As well as many other included services
Your hotel extras
All these extras are already included at Hotel Hochschober.
Look forward to over 100 included services.
- Ample breakfast buffet
- Lunchtime snack and cakes
- 5-course dinner menu of your choice
- All meals feature vegan alternatives
- Spring water, teas, and juices
All you need for your well-being
- Heated lake pool, indoor pool, and a rock bath
- Panoramic view sauna
- Oriental hammam
- Chinese tower featuring a tea house
- Spacious relaxation rooms with loungers and water beds
- Daily yoga, gymnastics, etc.
- Hikes & e-bike trips
- Yoga on the mountain week
- Children’s swimming class in summer
- haki ® & trend sport weeks
- Readings, fireplace talks
- Chinese tea ceremony
- Creative writing, painting, and dance classes
- Music on the mountain in July
- Holiday program for children/teenagers
- Drinks and snacks to welcome you
- Rental rucksacks and sticks for hikers
- Baby monitor and more, up to baby bathtub
- Nearly 4.000 books at the Wortreich library
- About 200 board games
- Daily childcare
- Laundry & ironing room
- WLAN access all over the house
- Ski pass service
- Alm Butler Card in summer