High altitude, guaranteed snow: the Turracher Höhe in the Nockberge in Carinthia is a versatile place for skiing. It’s only a few minutes’ walk from the Hotel Hochschober to the panorama cable car. Or take the shuttle to the ski school or the Kornockbahn. Swish to a halt in front of the hotel after enjoyable hours of skiing and enjoy the multifaceted spa facilities.
Plan your holidays
Skiers love the excellently prepared, wide slopes and the beautiful views in the ski region on the Turracher Höhe. You’re particularly sure to find snow in the ski region thanks to its altitude between 1,800 and over 2,200 m. Choose from 14 cable cars and lifts as well as 42 km of slopes. The fun slope, the fun cross trail and the kids’ slope promise entertaining variety. Freestylers can enjoy themselves in the snow park. With these facilities, the Turracher Höhe currently features the biggest fun mountain offering in Austria!
Slope butler to your service
Offering quality and comfort is very important to the ski region on the Turracher Höhe in Carinthia. The slope butler is always at hand to provide skiers with something warming or useful, like a tissue. The slope butler also accompanies explorations throughout the ski region and hikes.
Best conditions in all weather situations
The location of the ski region stretching right and left of the Turracher See is advantageous. Forests protect the wide slopes on one side. Skiing is wonderful even when it’s snowing or when the winds blows a little stronger. The slopes on the other side are wide and open, ideal for sunny days.
Hochschober guests can get their ski pass at the hotel. Rental skis, boots, sticks and helmets can be organised. “Ski-Sepp” provides the perfect ski service at his service station at the large, bright Hochschober basecamp. There’s plenty of space for all sorts of winter equipment here. Ski boots are heated up and ionised on special shelves.
The options in the Turracher Höhe ski region
- Particularly high chance of snow thanks to its altitude.
- 14 cable cars and lifts access 42 km of slopes
- Entertaining: the kids’ slope at the Wildkopfabfahrt. There’s also a fun slope, a fun cross trail and a snow park with several lines (at the Kornockbahn)
- Inventive: the slope butler supplies skiers with useful and refreshing things and accompanies attractive programmes
- Luxurious: early morning skiing in March/April on freshly prepared slopes
- Attractive: the Nockberge trail for ski touring mountaineers wanting to combine extensive nature exercise with spa sessions. It connects the ski resorts Katschberg, Innerkrems, Turracher Höhe, Falkert and Bad Kleinkirchhirm in four one-day stages.
Spend your next winter holiday in the ski resort on the Turracher Höhe and send us a no-obligation inquiry.
Skiers cherish the wide, excellently prepared slopes in the ski region with a particularly high chance of snow on the Turracher Höhe.
Book your ski vacation now
You're looking for a spa hotel placed in the ski region?
Visit Hotel Hochschober!