Saving is the order of the day, especially when it comes to energy costs. The questions are obvious as to whether we will lower the temperatures in the rooms, pools and saunas at the Hotel Hochschober or whether we will close parts of the wellness area. NO, we won't.
Instead, we prepared carefully and invested 1.7 million euros in increasing energy efficiency this year alone. Thanks to this measure, we save up to 20 percent of the energy consumption and thus far more than the federal government and the EU currently recommend. Intelligent systems control room temperature and ventilation throughout the house via sensors. They ensure that the right feel-good temperature prevails in all rooms. The water temperatures in the pools remain the same as usual. The only thing we pay extra attention to is covering the outdoor pools outside of usage times to keep the heat in. The wellness area will be fully open and used throughout the winter.
Our energy profile:
- At the Hotel Hochschober we set the right course early on and do not use any fossil energy sources (= oil, gas). Since 1997, we have been obtaining thermal energy from the biomass heating plant on the Turracherhöhe. Some of the wood chips come from our own forest stock.
- Electricity is supplied by KELAG and the new photovoltaic system. From winter 2022/23, a large generator will ensure that any power failures can be bridged for up to 72 hours.
- Energy monitoring and main power switches in the rooms have been helping to minimize energy consumption for many years.
- All light sources are currently being gradually converted to LED. All lighting timers (e.g. exterior lighting) were checked for reasonableness and partially adjusted.
- Internal training courses help to encourage employees to use all resources consciously.
From today's perspective, changes to this procedure can only result from official/legal requirements. We will keep you informed about this.
There are no wishes left!
- Hochschober cuisine: Legendarily ample breakfast buffet from 7:30 am to 11 am with many homemade treats; lunch from 12:30 am to 3 pm; 5-course gourmet dinner from 6:30 pm - you can choose vegan alternatives for every meal
- Daily changing activity programme with water gymnastics, gymnastics, yoga, slacklining, climbing, hiking, Chinese tea ceremony, readings, fireside chats
- 5.000 m² spa area: heated outdoor lake bath, new lake sauna with panoramic view, panorama sauna, steam baths, indoor and outdoor pools, oriental Hamam, fitness room, China tower with tea house and selection of teas; relaxation rooms with lake view, water beds and cosy open fire
- Child care 7 days a week
- As well as many other included services
There are no wishes left!
Your hotel extras
All these extras are already included at Hotel Hochschober.
Look forward to over 100 included services.
- Ample breakfast buffet
- Lunchtime snack and cakes
- 5-course dinner menu of your choice
- All meals feature vegan alternatives
- Spring water, teas, and juices
All you need for your well-being
- Heated lake pool, indoor pool, and a rock bath
- Panoramic view sauna
- Oriental hammam
- Chinese tower featuring a tea house
- Spacious relaxation rooms with loungers and water beds
- Daily yoga, gymnastics, etc.
- Hikes & e-bike trips
- Yoga on the mountain week
- Children’s swimming class in summer
- haki ® & trend sport weeks
- Readings, fireplace talks
- Chinese tea ceremony
- Creative writing, painting, and dance classes
- Music on the mountain in July
- Holiday program for children/teenagers
- Drinks and snacks to welcome you
- Rental rucksacks and sticks for hikers
- Baby monitor and more, up to baby bathtub
- Nearly 4.000 books at the Wortreich library
- About 200 board games
- Daily childcare
- Laundry & ironing room
- WLAN access all over the house
- Ski pass service
- Alm Butler Card in summer