THE HEALING POWER OF THE COLD
Strengthen the immune system, reduce stress and become more efficient.
How are breath and stress related? Which relaxation techniques help to stay healthy? Why is cold so healthy? Josephine Worseck and Douwe van den Berg will provide answers to these and other questions from March 17th to 22nd 2024 in their first workshop at the Hotel Hochschober entitled "Discover the healing power of cold".
The 5-day introductory program combines movement, breathing exercises, meditation and cold applications. Participants are guided into deep states of relaxation, learn how to better deal with stress and gain familiarity with a bath in cold water.
The seminar is aimed at anyone who consciously deals with their body and wants to actively prevent possible consequences of stress. However, the program is not suitable for people with high blood pressure and cardiovascular issues.
Good reasons for your own cold routine
When used correctly, cold strengthens the immune system, reduces the feeling of stress, inhibits inflammation, ensures restful sleep and increased well-being. In addition, cold applications can help accelerate regeneration and improve athletic performance.
Learn from experts
The workshop is led by Josephine Worseck and Douwe van den Berg, both are certified Wim Hof trainers. Wim Hof is a Dutchman known as "The Iceman". His method combines a special breathing technique with gentle movement and cold training. In her book “The Healing Power of Cold”, Josephine Worseck describes the advantages of cold bathing and how to get used to it.
- Hochschober cuisine: Legendarily ample breakfast buffet from 7:30 am to 11 am with many homemade treats; lunch from 12:30 am to 3 pm; 5-course gourmet dinner from 6:30 pm - you can choose vegan alternatives for every meal
- Daily changing activity programme with water gymnastics, gymnastics, yoga, slacklining, climbing, hiking, Chinese tea ceremony, readings, fireside chats
- 5.000 m² spa area: heated outdoor lake bath, new lake sauna with panoramic view, panorama sauna, steam baths, indoor and outdoor pools, oriental Hamam, fitness room, China tower with tea house and selection of teas; relaxation rooms with lake view, water beds and cosy open fire
- Child care 7 days a week
- As well as many other included services
Your hotel extras
All these extras are already included at Hotel Hochschober.
Look forward to over 100 included services.
- Ample breakfast buffet
- Lunchtime snack and cakes
- 5-course dinner menu of your choice
- All meals feature vegan alternatives
- Spring water, teas, and juices
All you need for your well-being
- Heated lake pool, indoor pool, and a rock bath
- Panoramic view sauna
- Oriental hammam
- Chinese tower featuring a tea house
- Spacious relaxation rooms with loungers and water beds
- Daily yoga, gymnastics, etc.
- Hikes & e-bike trips
- Yoga on the mountain week
- Children’s swimming class in summer
- haki ® & trend sport weeks
- Readings, fireplace talks
- Chinese tea ceremony
- Creative writing, painting, and dance classes
- Music on the mountain in July
- Holiday program for children/teenagers
- Drinks and snacks to welcome you
- Rental rucksacks and sticks for hikers
- Baby monitor and more, up to baby bathtub
- Nearly 4.000 books at the Wortreich library
- About 200 board games
- Daily childcare
- Laundry & ironing room
- WLAN access all over the house
- Ski pass service
- Alm Butler Card in summer