ALL NEW AND SUSTAINABLE – JUNE 2022
All developments have always been based on the "golden triangle" of the needs of guests, employees and the environment. In the last two years, 3.6 million euros have flowed into the construction of the new staff house and the modernization of staff accommodation. This year we had BIG things in mind and it was all about you, our guests!
In April and May 2022, we completed considerable construction projects in just six weeks. The total investment amounted to 6.7 million euros. The improvements are co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund.
The schedule was ambitious, the framework conditions challenging: But thanks to the excellent teamwork of everyone involved, we started the summer season on June 3, 2022 with many innovations.
“FIRST, IT WAS CONCERNED TO CREATE EVEN MORE FREEDOM FOR OUR GUESTS AND TO OPTIMIZE OUR EMPLOYEES’ WORK AREAS. SECONDLY, WE INVESTED IN MEASURES AT EXACTLY THE RIGHT TIME THAT SIGNIFICANTLY IMPROVE OUR ENERGY EFFICIENCY"
Restaurants, bars & kitchen
The restaurant area is extended by the new panorama restaurant in front of the See-Stube, which can accommodate around 40 guests and enjoy a particularly beautiful view of the lake. Guests can choose the right wine for dinner in the new vinotheque. The south-facing terrace, which is now twice as large, offers plenty of space for sunbathing and fresh air. There is also more space in the kitchen. An extension simplifies the logistics of cutlery, crockery and glasses. A new flushing line was also added. Two electronic "employees" have recently been deployed to transport the dishes from the tables to the kitchen. The robots relieve the service staff and give them more time to devote themselves to the guests. The two service cats were baptized Duchesse and Marie, after cats from the Disney film "Aristocats".
Swimming pool, spa & sports
In addition to the swimming pool, the fireplace lounge was created with a rest and chatting area. There, organically shaped furniture in the retro style of the 1960s created a cosy, chic atmosphere. Not far from there, the sports bar opened, the meeting place for table tennis and billiards players and another place to enjoy a refreshment in between. On the way to the wellness area, the changing rooms have been given a more modern look. In the Crystal Spa, the 11 south-facing treatment rooms have also been redesigned in the style of the spa.
Yoga, Fitness & Events
Between the Children's Villa and the China Tower, the "Waldvilla", a wooden building with panoramic glazing, will open in mid-June. The house accommodates the 125 m² room, which is used for yoga and gymnastics as well as for readings, lectures and also for events, seminars and festivals in the evening. On the floor below is the state-of-the-art fitness center, equipped with TechnoGym equipment. There was also a relaunch in the children's villa and in the youth club. They got new furniture and floors.
1.7 million euros investments in energy efficiency
At the right time, we pushed ahead with measures to become fit for the future with regard to climate neutrality, to save energy and to significantly reduce CO2 emissions. In cooperation with Siemens, all air purification systems, the heat supply and the heating of the lake pool were renewed or optimized. A photovoltaic system provides additional thermal energy. According to Siemens calculations, these measures save the considerable amount of 389 tons of CO2 per year. This corresponds to 20 percent of the total effort.
- Hochschober cuisine: Legendarily ample breakfast buffet from 7:30 am to 11 am with many homemade treats; lunch from 12:30 am to 3 pm; 5-course gourmet dinner from 6:30 pm - you can choose vegan alternatives for every meal
- Daily changing activity programme with water gymnastics, gymnastics, yoga, slacklining, climbing, hiking, Chinese tea ceremony, readings, fireside chats
- 5.000 m² spa area: heated outdoor lake bath, new lake sauna with panoramic view, new panorama sauna, steam baths, indoor and outdoor pools, oriental Hamam, fitness room, solarium, China tower with tea house and selection of teas; relaxation rooms with lake view, water beds and cosy open fire
- Child care 7 days a week
- As well as many other included services
Your hotel extras
All these extras are already included at Hotel Hochschober.
Look forward to over 100 included services.
- Ample breakfast buffet
- Lunchtime snack and cakes
- 5-course dinner menu of your choice
- All meals feature vegan alternatives
- Spring water, teas, and juices
All you need for your well-being
- Heated lake pool, indoor pool, and a rock bath
- Panoramic view sauna
- Oriental hammam
- Chinese tower featuring a tea house
- Spacious relaxation rooms with loungers and water beds
- Daily yoga, gymnastics, etc.
- Hikes & e-bike trips
- Yoga on the mountain week
- Children’s swimming class in summer
- haki ® & trend sport weeks
- Readings, fireplace talks
- Chinese tea ceremony
- Creative writing, painting, and dance classes
- Music on the mountain in July
- Holiday program for children/teenagers
- Drinks and snacks to welcome you
- Rental rucksacks and sticks for hikers
- Baby monitor and more, up to baby bathtub
- Nearly 4.000 books at the Wortreich library
- About 200 board games
- Daily childcare
- Laundry & ironing room
- WLAN access all over the house
- Ski pass service
- Alm Butler Card in summer