A rich and varied destination to explore
The Hochschober spa hotel on the Turracher Hohe lies on the border of the Nock Berge National Park. It is only a short trip from the hotel to the park's most interesting spots. You can either explore with your own car or in one of the group excursions that we offer regularly during the summer.
About the Nock Berge National Park
The 184 square kilometre area in the Carinthian Nockberge Mountains was declared a national park in 1987 and is now a nature reserve enjoying special protection. Characteristic of the national park are the gentle rolling grass covered Nockberge Mountains reaching heights of up to 2,441 meters.
The Nockalm Road
A journey along the 34km long Nockalm Road, which was sensitively integrated into its surroundings, is a worthwhile experience. It runs from the town of Ebene Reichenau to Innerkrems.
Day trip destinations
In summer, we offer regular guided excursions to the Nock Berge National Park. If you want to explore on your own, as well as the many gorgeous walks we recommend several special destinations. For example:
- the Natur-Schaffelbad Karlbad spa: This unusual spa lies directly on the Nockalm Road. It is Austria's oldest "farmer's" health spa and the only one of its kind in the Eastern Alps. Here you can bathe in wooden troughs in 40°C radon-rich water.
- the “Granatium” is Europe's only garnet vein accessible for tours
- the high rope course in Innerkrems
- Sagamundo the storytelling centre
- Silva Magica the artfully designed adventure park to discover nature
Discover the many wonderful day trip destinations in Carinthia for yourself during a holiday at the Hotel Hochschober. Send a no obligation holiday enquiry
to the team.